Sunday, November 29, 2009

It's women's problem. NOT government...

After reading through many colleagues' blogs, Randy's topic caught my eyes the most.

Indeed, whenever politicians talk about abortion and make such a big deal out of it in order to win a vote, it ridicules me in many ways. Because for one main reason, as Randy mentioned, "...the women who have experienced it firsthand are either villain-ized or completely forgotten."

This one time at UT campus, there was gigantic poster in front of Gregory Gym. They were aborted baby pictures. The babies after abortion procedures. It was mind boggling, disgusting, and horrible that I still cannot erase that memory from my brain. So from that point on, I wasn't big fan of this whole thing about abortion. I didn't want to bring that up to anybody since it's like talking about religion and it's very subjective and personal issues. Then, after reading Randy's, it occured to me that truly, the politicians are forgetting about women's and their point of view.

Isn't it, after all, women's decision to do so and isn't it women's right to do so or not? Also Randy pointed out, women who went through abortion always worry about physical and mental issues. I understand that it's partially relate to politic just because of the funding issue. Also, sometimes, I do think that the politicians need to come up with some kind of plan in order to resolve this funding issue for abortion. But at the same time, I think we should consider the women's situation and hear what THEY have to say about it.

To me, Randy's point totally gave me different point of view on abortion, not just morality, religion, and/or political issues, but to think about ourselves and our opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment